October 17, 2011

Football Cupcakes

First of all: I completely changed the blog! How do you like it? I’d love some feedback.  And now onto some baking:

One Saturday morning, I missed a couple of texts from a friend.  By the time I read them, here’s the story I got: *basically* the cake they attempted for their son’s birthday didn’t turn out, the party was in 3 1/2 hours, could I make something, and then never mind, that’s not nearly enough notice. 

well, I’m not one to pass up making some treats.  So I called her to find out exactly what she wanted, and that I would definitely make some football themed cupcakes!  Perfect time of year for it!  I had to think fast, and here’s what I came up with:

DSC_0386

I started with this white cake recipe, in cupcake form.  It makes exactly 36 cupcakes!

Then I made a triple batch of buttercream, divided it and left some white, colored part brown and most green.  (I did have a fair amount left over, but better too much than too little right?)

I piped the grass with the Wilton grass tip #233, then the footballs with a #10, and the lacing with a #2.

I was really happy with how they turned out!  Thankfully, so was my friend :) DSC_0387

6 comments:

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Those are adorable! Perfect footballs. :) I'd love for you to share these on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

Neyssa said...

These are so adorable! I can't believe you came up with them so quickly! You really need to move to Seattle so you can help me when I have a treat crisis!
I also love the new blog layout. The colors are a great choice.

Renee-The Hungry Monster said...

I love the texture of the grass on these cupcakes!
Following your Pinterest from Something Swanky.
http://attackofthehungrymonster.blogspot.com/

Shawnandmeganplus4 said...

You saved us! They were so cute and good!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm filled with football cupcake ideas and this is the first football party dessert with many to come. Decorating football cupcakes can be ..allenamenti prima squadra